Tomintoul 27th May 2021

I drove over the hills to Tomintoul.  The weather forecast was for the low cloud to break.  It did. 


My father, although he lived in the south of England, would make an annual pilgrimage to Tomintoul.
He loved it.  It is a delightful village and at 800 feet above sea level, one of the highest in Scotland.




This is the field where 40 years ago I landed in my glider when the mountain wave collapsed
(or I messed up!)


The Avon passes nearby and is a typical scenic Highland river with some steep cliffs.



Wildlife included a few Roe Deer (no photos) many Lapwings and one Green-veined butterfly. 
Cuckoo heard.



The road to / from Tomintoul has little traffic and some splendid views.




At the higher elevations, some late Daffodils still in flower.



Jack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog