Friday 14th May 2021

I arranged to meet Bruce who I had 'known' on internet via our common interests. 
The weather did not behave quite as forecast.

Initially it was just light drizzle and produced this 'rain shadow' effect.


It got heavier just before I set off.

The loch where we met wasn't at its most colourful in the cloudy conditions.   
Photography was challenging as the lighting was very harsh .

The loch is a breeding locality for some extremely rare and protected birds, Slavonian Grebes.
It has to be called Loch X as while not secret, the locality is best not advertised.
The birds never came very close.


In north America - where apparently they are not particularly rare - they are known as "Horned Grebes"
You can see why.

I then came across some very different 'wildlife'.
There has been a shortage of Gnomes since that ship - with a cargo of them - got stuck in the Suez Canal.


This Highland Loch bears a remarkable resemblance to the Broads of my native Norfolk


I took that [bottom] picture of Filby Broad Norfolk around the mid 1950s.

I must return to that Highland Loch in sunnier weather and try to find a 'tame' angler.

Jack














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog